October 29, 2007

My Baby had Babies

As I was getting ready this morning, I had a feeling today was going to be the day. Although Abbie wasn't officially due to give birth for another 4-8 days, I could sense she was getting ready. If anyone knows my cat, they know that she is not the most affectionate little thing in the world. This morning, she stayed at my feet rubbing up against me, meowing and purring (so not typical for my kitty). As I was leaving for work, she was suddenly no where to be found. I searched the entire house for nearly 30 minutes before I found her nestled up behind the couch, in the closet, behind a picture, under a sleeping bag and oh and lets not forget ON CARPET! When I found her she had already given birth to the first kitty. I slipped a towel under her and watched her give birth to her 2nd. Matt came home just in time to watch the birth of the 3rd kitten, he says he needed a different pair of shoes, but I think its pretty obvious that he was excited (although he wont admit it). Needless to say, Whether a person or a cat, watching something come into the world truly is a miracle to see. Ps.. I'll leave out the picture of Abbie scarfing down the placenta :).

No comments: