January 21, 2008

2008 Resolutions


Alright here it is...2008 New Years Resolutions!! A little late...i know. Every year, like the rest of the American population, I half heartily think up unrealistic new years resolutions with the easier said than done attitude and all along knowing that theres a very good chance that I wont go through with them. Not this year...This year, I have put a lot of thought into making realistic goals and I honestly have every intention of keeping every one of them. So here they are in no particular order:

1. Every morning and every time I feel stressed/anxieties I will stop and ask myself "What is really important to me?" Too often I let myself get caught up in things, ideas or situations that should not have priority in my life and in consequence, I let the things/people in my life that really do matter to me take second place. What is that saying?...Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

2. 6 am. I will now wake up every morning Monday through Friday at 6 am to workout. Now, since I do so much love my sleep and understand that this one is going to be a challenge some mornings...I will allow myself one freebie sleep in day during the work week if needed. However, if i choose to use a freebie, it must be made up on the upcoming weekend but does not need to be at 6 am because hey.. that would just be crazy.

3. Stress. I stress too much and I become unhealthy because of it. Its an ongoing challenge for me but its needs to be listed.

4. Outdoors! Every summer I plan to do spend a lot of time outdoors and every summer seems to come and go in the blink of an eye leaving me with the disappointed feeling of wishing I had done more. Not this summer. This summer will be spent backpacking, hiking, car camping, gardening, walking the dogs, going to the parks/dog parks, reading outside etc etc etc.

5. Increase water intake and decrease carbonation. I wont say that I will never drink carbonation again, that would be unrealistic. But I will drink it in better moderation.

6. I will spend more quality time with the pups. So many days, I find that I'm tired and exhausted after work and as a result I don't feel that I give them the time and attention that I would like to. They are the world to me and I couldn't picture coming home to house without them waiting at the door for me.

7. I love my weekends. I love my weekends so much that I tend to wish away my weekdays to get to them. Life is so short and I will work on appreciating every day that is in it.

8. I will make dinners more often. Too much of our money is spent on eating out. This will also help with eating healthier as we are more apt to make poor decisions when eating out vs cooking dinner at home.

9. Garden. This summer will be my 3rd year creating a garden and I will be the first to admit that in the past I have gotten all excited about planting a garden but became lazy when it came to up keeping it. This year I will put a lot more TLC into my garden

10. Emergency Kit. I have been talking about putting together an emergency kit and funds for over 2 yrs now and this year we are going to have one in the house and in the car.



1 comment:

kaitlin said...

Kandice I miss you! I'm so so happy I found your blog but so sad to hear you gave up your pup. It's ok Sam will be busy with Hobbes and Cosmo (the new Jack Russell) I'm crazy, I KNOW! Anyway I didn't make any new years resolutions, i'm so anti however read Skinny Bitch, GREAT book/lifestyle change. You will love.