May 26, 2008

How Did I Get So Lucky

Last weekend we had the Love family over for a BBQ. We finally busted out the croquet set that our good friend Clint had given us almost 3 years ago for our wedding present. It was a blast! Never thought croquet could be so much fun. Also got to use our new patio set for the first time... I love it!

So...sad start to the weekend. We had planned a 3 day backpacking trip to Dark Canyon for Memorial Day Weekend but Mother Nature for reasons unknown decided against this. We debated still going despite predictions of non ideal weather but decided against it as scrambling down a mile of rocks with Gabe's goofy legs and new backpacks could be no fun if slick. Its been a crazy season weather wise so far as we had hoped to have 2 backpacking trips under our belt by now and have had to cancel both.

Thursday Night my sister graduated as a Medical Assistant. Chelsea, I am so proud of you. Despite all hardships and obstacles, you did it. Not only did you graduate, but you did it great grades and attendance. This proves that no matter what may stand in your way, if you really put your mind to something, you can accomplish it. Please don't stop here, you have the special touch with people and I know that you have what it takes to make a difference in many lives.

I came home from work on Friday to find Mr. Matt waiting for me with pizza, wine, and my personal favorite, chocolate covered grapes and raspberries. How did I get so lucky. I never imagined that someone could be so right for me. Six years into the relationship now and I couldn't dream of a better person to share my life with. Matt... you make me so happy.

Since we didn't make it too dark canyon this weekend i'll share some pictures of last years trip.

Matt thinks hilarious that I keep up on my celebrity gossip even in the middle of nowhere..




Matt, Myself, Gabe, and Sam all cozied up in our 2 person tent..

No comments: