July 12, 2008

Grandeur Peak

Today we hiked Grandeur Peak. The goal was to reach the top for the sunrise.

Last night at about 10:30 pm:

Me: No worries.. of course I can watch another episode of Lost, I'll be able to wake up just fine.
Matt: Sweetie (Yeah, he really calls me that) Your gonna have a hard time if we don't get to bed soon.

This morning at 3 am:

Matt: Sweetie...time to get up. We gotta get going if you wanna see your sunrise.
Me: Noooooooooo!!!! I cant do it I cant do it I cant do it.

Let me tell you, when that alarm clock went off at 3:00 am, my body made it very clear that it didn't want to be anywhere but cozied up in bed. Regardless, I somehow managed to lead my zombie of a body to the car. We reached the trail head a little after 4:00 am. The weather for hiking was perfection, about 65 I think. I'm not much for hiking in the dark as I get dizzy from the headlamps flashing around Blair Witch Project style so I was happy when it was barely light enough that we could turn them off.

We made it just in time. The sunrise was supposed to be at 6:07 am and we reached the top at 6:04 am literally just in time to find a seat on our little top of the world and watch. It was beautiful. So was it worth it you ask? Of course. We made it back to the trail head a little after 8 am.

Breakfast at the Millcreek Cafe & Eggworks was good but the 2 hour nap on the couch when we got home was even better.


No comments: