October 19, 2008

Saturday

Matt's Co-worker Jacob was in town all last week from Ohio and this weekend, his wife Megan flew down to scope out Salt Lake City. Saturday morning started with a hike up Grandeur Peak. This was especially fun since they don't have mountains near them at home (Can you imagine that?).
Jacob and Megan (at the trail head)

The fall colors were B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

We ran into this guy on the trail. Looked almost identical to the GIANT spider we found on our porch a few weeks back (note Matt's blog)

The pictures honestly don't do the beauty justice.

Aww... How romantic. Jacob and Megan looking out over the city.
I love this picture.

Matt and I and the top of Grandeur Peak.

After making it down the mountain, we ended up at Thai Lotus for yummy Curry. And in the evening, we drove up to Park City to stroll the shops on Main Street. Unfortunately, a lot of the shops were closed so we decided on a steak house for dinner. The food was great but I think due to the fact that:
A. It hadn't been very long since lunch
B. We got an appetizer that was delicious and
C. I ordered soda which always fills me up immediately, I hardly touched dinner.
We ended the evening at our house watching "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". Poor exhausted Megan ended up falling asleep. This made me happy to know that I'm not the only one that struggles to stay awake when cuddled up watching movies. All in all, it ended up being alot of fun. Maybe next time, she will come down for a longer amount of time.

No comments: