November 09, 2008

Mr. Matt bought me boots! I honestly don't think I have owned a pair of boots since I was like 10 years old. They are Sorels and they are super warm and cozy. Hoping to get the chance to use them in a few weeks.


Today is my 5th day on the cleanse. My sense of smell is getting stronger . Oddly enough since I cannot eat, I had the strongest urge to bake today. I made chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip banana bread. Sister Sheila made banana bread at our last family dinner and I've been craving it again ever since. I got this recipe from Trisha and it's been our favorite since.

Banana Bread

In Blender: 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. oil
3 very ripened bananas
1 tsp. vanilla

In Bowl:
2 C. Flour

1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mix together. Pour into bead pan. bake 1hr at 350 degrees.
Note...I always add chocolate chips as I'm combining them together.

2 comments:

Sheila Mac said...

sweet- where did he get them? I am in sore need of winter boots too. My black skechers...(almost like uggs)are worn at the soles in the heel, but I refuse to throw them away...yet. I almost fell walking down st. street last week since it was so slippery and dark...maybe daddy ben will buy a pair for me to wear for the baby. :P

A Better No Tomorrow said...

Backcountry.com
They are on sale right now too.